lunes, 28 de noviembre de 2016

REPORTED SPEECH EXERCISES

1. Change the following statements into the reported speech.

a. “I have something to show you”, I said to her.

b. “I’ll come with you as soon as I’m ready”, she replied.

c. “I must go to the dentist tomorrow”, he said.

d. “I found an old Roman coin in the garden yesterday and I am going to take it to the museum this afternoon”, he said.

e. “I met her about three months ago”, he said.

f. “Pete and Sue are getting married tomorrow”, she said.

2. Change the following questions into the reported speech.

a. “When does the train leave?”, I asked.

b. “Who did you see at the meeting?”, my mother asked.

c. “Are you a foreigner?”, she asked.

d. “Why wasn’t Judy at the party?”, she asked.

e. “Have you finished your exams?”, she asked.

3. Change the following commands, requests and suggestions into reported speech.

a. “Go to bed and don’t get up till you’re called.”

b. “Watch the milk and don’t let it boil over.”

c. “Let’s go to the cinema tonight, shall we?

d. "Don't smoke in my office, please", the boss said.

e. "Put these papers in order now!", the boss said to us.

f. "Why don't w go for a walk?", she said.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario